Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vegas 2010 Take TWO

Well of course my week leading up to Vegas completely sucked ~So why wouldn't it continue.....
I had a nasty stretch of work days ending with a evening shift on Wednesday, leaving me basically Thursday to get our stuff packed of course most of it wasn't washed either, pack C for his couple overnights, get the dogs taken care of, and bring the baby girl puppies to their weekend home, plus try to sleep before the airport. So after feeling like an overwhelmed crazy chicken running around all day long, at 11pm I decide to check my email. Thank god!! Delta has emailed me that our flight we are going to the airport for in 4 hours has been cancelled. They rescheduled us for a 3pm departure arriving in LV at 7pm. The flight we were scheduled to be on originally had us arriving at 8:30am, leaving us all day Friday for whatever. Called Delta and after what seemed like a hour on the phone everything seems longer when I am pissed, we got on a 7am flight out from Hibbing, MN. Yes, Hibbing, the town of nothing! It beat driving to the cities so we took it. We finished packing etc, put the clothes on that we were wearing to the airport and got to take a 1.5 hour nap. Set my alarm for 3:20 and my sister comes knocking on the door at 2:50 (thought she was coming at 3:30) so there goes my extra half hour. We left the house about 3:45am, saw a crazy amount of deer on our way, but made it in just over a hour. The GPS told us closer to 2 hours lol we never saw speed limit signs so apparently we were way off our guesstimated speed limit. The airport was big enough for one terminal, one baggage claim (still had the mini looking garage doors that they just put the luggage on from the other side), and one ticket counter. Don't forget the dead animals all over the walls.....The baggage claim, ticket counter and terminal waiting room all in that one pic. The carpet was the waiting area. Our favorite part was the free parking 30 feet from the door! So crazy....but so cool. We also got to walk onto the runway to get on the plane.....
Our plane from Hibbing to Mlps was 10 rows with one side of the plane being single seats. Also had propellers....Scary small! Smallest plane we'd ever been on. Then the plane from Mlps to LV was huge! 50+ rows and the wing was as big as our first plane. We got seating in a emergency exit row, I had the window and it was the coldest airplane ride ever! Comfy though with the extra leg room but flip flops were not a good idea for this flight.
We get there about 10:30am, the weather is great and we got our room right away. Usually 3pm is check in time so that was cool. We played some slots, walked around the PH, checked out their mall ~found a cell phone cover I wanted but for $50 I could get two of the same thing at home but passed. Around 5pm we were running on empty, 1.5 hours of sleep and a crappy little nap on the plane were catching up. So a actual nap was needed. We were supposed to meet people for dinner AND meet someone else for a drink later. So 7:30 was our nap deadline...when that time came DD had a different idea. After a half hour of trying to get him up and he was talking to me while sleeping and made absolutely no sense I gave up, went back to sleep myself. Longest nap ever.
Saturday, pretty mellow day. Did the pool thing, gambled some more, walked the strip a little, went to our free buffet at PH for dinner, then went to Peepshow at PH. Peepshow was a little disappointing, it was based on nursery rhymes as Holly Madison played Little Bo Peep looking for a guy. It was a cute idea for a show, but Holly who is playing such a big part she was never really on stage. For a topless show, I would of expected cuter girls....and all but a couple were flat chested who wants that? maybe to make Holly look even bigger? Lol. Anyway, glad that show was free. We had killer seats and there were a couple hot guys in it so I can't complain too much:)
We went to the Flamingo for Blackjack after, they have a fun Party pit. Lost some money there on cards but it was fun. They have really good bloody marys, and of course they're free so bring it on! Got to meet a Duluth friend there, that just happen to be in Vegas the same weekend. Needless to say I was pretty buzzed when we left there. Only night I can say that about.
Sunday, my roller coaster day! Woke up to clouds and not much for sun. We moved over to Monte Carlo today, which we both loved it there! Will totally stay there again. People there were super nice especially when you compare to PH staff, we could actually win on the machines there, all over much better experience then PH. The only thing PH has on them at this point is PH pillows rock! I stole one in May Monte standard room pillows sucked. Hope for their Hotel32 (top floor)they are better.
We went to NY NY to gamble there and did awesome! I played a few different slots and cashed out ahead every one. THEN I played a new goldfish game, put in $20 and cashed out $601 ~~super sweet! I hadn't ever seen this one, but got the bonus multiple times and was playing $5 a spin after I had my first bonus....they were still showing up all the time, along with a bonus inside the bonus game. DD was frustrated that his goldfish we're not being as nice lol. I was a nice girl and shared some winnings and bought us a yard drink:) "Tickled Pink" frozen pink lemonade with absolute citron...OMG delicious!!
We went to Harrah's to go to The Legends in concert. "Michael Jackson" was one of the performers, and I swear it was him! He was amazing! From the look, to the voice, even dance moves! Serious he deserves his own tribute show.


I was hoping Justin or Britney would of been in this show too, apparently we were the wrong night of the week for them. We got Tim and Faith though, they were good too. Elvis was fun too:) That show was worth the money.  P.S Don't gamble at Harrah's ever again is on my "note to self"!
After the show we went to Toby Keith's I love this bar to get dinner. There was a 10 minute wait so we went to the gift shop connecting the restaurant. We were of course goofing off, trying on cowboys hats, taking pics etc. Well being my "Minnesota nice" problem and Duluth being a pretty trustworthy city, apparently I've grown to think people are just as nice all over. HAHAHA!! I set my purse down by the hats while we were trying them on. Our table was ready so we went and sat down, order our drinks and realized "OMG my purse is still on that shelf!" Literally 5 minutes had went by and it was gone. My immediate thought is "how am I gonna get on the damn plane?!" Not that I would of minded being stuck there a little longer lol but I would of had to fly C out somehow! So as I am walking around the tiny store like a crazy girl in a panic, the girl that worked there knew nothing and had seen nothing. A lady stopped me and asked if I was looking for a purse and said she found one and brought it down to the management desk. HUGE sigh of relief for about 5 seconds, then she says I found it in the bathroom garbage. There was a bathroom about 10 feet from the exit of the gift shop. So back to my FML feeling, but she walked me to where she brought it, come to find out shes from MN! Why couldn't she had found it in the first place!? So I get it back, every single dollar I had is gone. Everything else was there, my ID, my cards, my checkbook, even my camera. So yay for that, but wow what a shitty evening! Thank god for my mom, she gave me some money for the next two days. Good thing I shared my winnings too....I got that back. The rest of the trip I really didn't lose when we played. Here and there but I'd get it back on the next machine. Plus we played blackjack the night before we left and I won all my money back to make it so I went home with $100 more then I went with. But the amount I could of came home with is still bugging me.
Monday our big excitement was the "Minus5" Ice Lounge. A bar set at 23 degrees, and everything in it was made of ice, including the glass you get your drink in. Ice benches to sit on, ice tables, ice centerpieces....so cool. There was lights behind the walls to make it all change color, white, blue, pink etc. It was expensive to get in, they have different packages but the cheapest was $25 which just included your winter gear and one drink. We bought the hats....cause ya know we'll need them at least one more winter!




Overall I will say it was an OK trip. I could of had more sun, to have more pool time. I could of done without the crazy wind ~that caused outside tables and chairs to go blowing onto Las Vegas Blvd. Heavy rod iron ones even, hit some people on the sidewalk on the way onto the strip. Obviously I could of done without the purse incident! But the gambling was good on a plus side! Missed my little man C like crazy. He was mad at me everyday I talked to him wanting to know "why did you leave me in MN?! I wanna be in Vegas baby" yes he really says "Vegas baby" lol. I realized I cannot hang with the Vegas party crowd anymore. Either I am getting old or .....(still trying to figure out something that will fit there). I would much rather go to the "lounge" type bar then a packed dance club these days. That feeling continued in Vegas walking by all the clubs and crazy lines and young peeps screaming, being loud and stupid....ick. Thankful for my home life! I would never be able to hang anymore, or maybe married family life has got the best of me lol. Who knows:) We also realized while we were there, when looking for a house stay away from Las Vegas and focus on suburbs is a MUST! Henderson being first pick!:)

No comments: