Saturday, September 10, 2011

Baby #2 ...the first month

The baby talk has been going on in our house for about a year now. Obviously, if we waited until we were ready financially we'd probably be close to 50. So now seems as good of time as any. Of course, if you know me at all, you know I have it all "planned out" and am completely crazy. My original "plan" was to get pregnant in August or September and have a May baby to get the summer off. No daycare bill for C, and I get to be off ALL summer long! July was my last month on birth control, so I used the handy fertility calender online and figured out August "you could get pregnant" days...
Then the waiting game...I don't play that well. When it comes to things like this, I have no patience lol! So I quickly figured out, which day I could take a first response "6 days sooner" test, which was Aug 20th. By Aug 17th I was already having a couple mild symptoms, but thought maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. The 20th came, which we ironically enough had card/drinking plans...so that afternoon after work I decided I better take one, just to see even though it was super early. I got a very faint positive. Hmmm...but if it was a negative, that second line wouldn't be there at all, not even a little bit, right?! My crazy self, took a test maybe two everyday for the next 5 days until my "friend" was supposed to show up. Had a total of 4 very faint positives, and a bunch of negatives. Then finally Friday, the 26th came, the day after my "friend" did a no-show. I couldn't take the faint lines anymore that were so questionable, so onto the digital "yes" or "no". We have a YES!
I had my first nauseous experience by noon. At the clinic with C to get his cast off, and we're waiting for a X-ray as I am trying not to throw up, then had a feeling of I might faint. Just great. Reminded me quickly of my pregnancy with C...EAT within one hour of waking up, or else. I made it out of there not having a scene:)
By the end of the day, I had the babycenter app on my phone and a due date (May 3rd). LOL yep, I am a little bit crazy.

No comments: